Washoe Legal Services, a non-profit legal organization, is seeking a Bi-Lingual (English and Spanish), Intake Specialist at the Senior Law Center located at the Washoe County Senior Center.
This position has a high volume of activity and requires excellent interpersonal skills to interact with the public.
The ideal candidate must already know the fundamentals of working in a legal office: copying, filing, emailing, and computer literacy. Paralegal certification is preferred but not required.
- Screening calls and front-line determination of legal need
- Providing self-help to callers as needed
- Completing the intake process and scheduling appointments for new potential clients
- Collecting, updating, and reviewing client and grant-reporting data monthly
- Opening/sorting mail and contacting clients regarding upcoming appointments, notices, etc.
- Serving as a liaison with community partners to help clients obtain essential services, documents or records
- Closing files at the end of the legal process and maintaining accurate records of case files
- Making referrals both internally to other units within WLS and other community partners
- Occasional outreach, community education, and other regional events
- Provide occasional/as needed administrative/translator support
- Other administrative tasks as assigned/necessary
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be comfortable working with individuals of different backgrounds, including those from different cultures, socio-economic statuses, seniors, and vulnerable populations
- Have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Have strong computer/database skills and excellent attention to detail
- Be able to take initiative and work independently, as well as in a team
- Meets expectations on attendance and punctuality.
The salary is depending on experience (up to $21 per hour with a 40-hour work week). WLS offers a generous benefits package (including paying 100% coverage for employee health benefits and 75% for dependents and 401(k) matching program), an excellent work-life balance, and the opportunity to gain valuable legal and customer service experience while making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people throughout Northern Nevada.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to Olga Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10/15/2021.