Washoe Legal Services holds a weekly free family law education clinic, which helps attendees learn how to represent themselves in Family Court. The clinic explains basic family law terms and discusses resources that are available, including the WLS Self-Help Center. Topics covered include:
- How community property and community debts are divided in a divorce case
- The difference between physical and legal custody
- How child support payments are calculated
- The difference between joint physical custody and primary physical custody
- How to complete a divorce complaint or a custody petition.