JOB TITLE: Child Advocacy Legal Assistant
SALARY: $15-18/hour DOE
STATUS: Part-Time (15-20 hours per week)
AGENCY: Washoe Legal Services (WLS) is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization that provides legal representation to abused and neglected children in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Judicial Districts in the State of Nevada. The Children’s Attorneys Project provides counsel, advice and representation to abused and neglected children in the foster care system. The attorneys serve as the child’s voice before the court and community allowing the child to take an active role (and responsibility) in their own destiny.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Lyon County Child Advocacy Attorney, the Child Advocacy Legal Assistant will provide administrative and clerical support to the child advocacy attorney located in our Yerington, Nevada, office.
Job duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Processing new clients and court referrals by entering them into Washoe Legal Services’ case management system, collecting basic contact and demographic information, and running conflict checks.
- Organize cases by establishing and organizing files.
- Maintaining contact with the individuals involved in the case, maintaining the attorney’s calendar, drafting, and filing pleadings.
- Providing accurate data to Executive staff for reporting.
- Assisting the intake staff (front desk) and other support staff when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the unit supervisor, Assistant Executive Director, or Executive Director.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must have strong office skills such as computer literacy, copying, filing, and e-mailing. Experience working as a legal secretary, legal assistant, or paralegal is preferred. Training will be provided. Occasional travel to our Reno office is required.
TO APPLY: Along with your resume, please e-mail a cover letter that describes how your experience prepares you to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of this position. E-mail resumes to Olga Garcia, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com.