Washoe Legal Services, a non-profit, public interest law firm is seeking an Adult Guardianship Attorney.
Attorneys in this program are appointed by the court to represent protected persons in adult-guardianship proceedings. Attorneys visit with their clients prior to all court hearings, advocate for their clients’ expressed wishes, ensure that the clients’ due process rights are protected, and represent clients during any contested proceedings.
Full-time employees also receive a generous benefits package that includes
- Salary: $60,000+ per year, DOE.
- Ample paid time off
- 401k with a 3% employer match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- (employer covers 100% of employee premiums and 75% of dependent coverage).
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable courtroom experience along with experience in elder law, mental health law, and estates and trusts. It is also a wonderful chance to help protect vulnerable individuals from abuse and exploitation while advocating for their wishes during a complicated court proceeding.
- Experience is preferred, but WLS is willing to train the right applicant.
- Attorneys should be licensed in Nevada or available to practice under SCR 49.1.
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Olga Garcia at: firstname.lastname@example.org