Grievance Procedures

If you feel that you have been improperly denied legal services by Washoe Legal Services, or if you feel that the manner or quality of legal assistance rendered has not been satisfactory, you may file a grievance with the Executive Director of Washoe Legal Services.

Any grievance should specify, as clearly as possible, the circumstances of the denial of legal services or the way in which you feel the legal services provided were not satisfactory. Grievances must be in writing. If you wish, a staff member may assist you in preparing your grievance in writing. Grievances should be submitted to:

Executive Director
Washoe Legal Services
299 South Arlington Avenue
Reno, Nevada 89501

You should keep a copy of your grievance, if possible. The Executive Director will review and attempt to resolve your grievance within ten (10) business days. You will be informed in writing of the action taken by the Executive Director on your grievance.

If you are not satisfied with the Executive Director’s action on your grievance, you may then file an appeal. The appeal shall be in writing to:

Grievance Committee
Washoe Legal Services
299 South Arlington Avenue
Reno, Nevada 89501

If you feel that your civil rights have been violated, you may file a complaint to the Office of the Attorney General and Office of Civil Rights at the following addresses:

Office of the Attorney General
Attn: Debbie Tanaka, Grants Manager
100 North Carson Street
Carson City, Nevada 89701

Office of Civil Rights
Office of Justice
U.S. Department of Justice
810 Seventh Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20531

Click for English or Spanish »
Follow by Email